Anyone have knowledge of light therapy for itching relief?

I recently read on psc.org.uk that people are using light therapy, (I’m assuming this is tanning beds?) for relief of itching? Im starting to itch more recently and as a teacher it’s very annoying and distracting. Has anyone heard of this?
Thank you sharing

Yes - I have done this. It is a UVB Narrow Band light that only takes about 1-2 minutes per session. I had about 10 treatments and was beginning to see some benefit but the location was over 1 hour from my office and $30 per treatment so I stopped. The dermatologist wished I staying for at least 20 treatments and benefits would have been noticeable. Check with your hematologist and Dermatologist for the nearest location.

I highly suggest Ataraxt (sp? antihistamine) and Sarna Anti-Itch cream to allow you to sleep comfortably. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

I have been using a similar light for years, called a LUX light for “Seasonal Effective Disorder.” It helps when there is not enough natural sunlight, especially this time of year. It’s not full body, but pretty big. Not certain if it would work for itching though. I bought it about 20 years ago for $500.00.PhotoGrid_1541685309473|500x500