Effect on PSC from the contraceptive pill

Has any one had high liver function test blamed on the contraceptive pill

I was originally told that my elevated enzymes were the result of taking my birth control pills per my biopsy. I stopped taking them and was told to come back in six weeks to retest my levels and that they would be normal. I waited three months to be sure and they were doubled. I have an ERCP scheluled for Monday and my dr suspects PSC.

my daughter was taken off the full pill straight away that was 2 1/2 years ago. Levels didn't drop. She was give antibiotics and they came down quickly. She went on the mini pill after a few months and she seemed fine but a year later they went up again. They stopped the pill again but did more tests, biopsy and then a colonospy to confirm psc and also colitas. Since then she has been back on the mini pill and the results have returned to normal it has been about 10 months now on the mini pill and lowish liver results. Our doctor is still not sure and is very cautious and will not let her back on the full pill or and combination hormone device.

Crystal said:

I was originally told that my elevated enzymes were the result of taking my birth control pills per my biopsy. I stopped taking them and was told to come back in six weeks to retest my levels and that they would be normal. I waited three months to be sure and they were doubled. I have an ERCP scheluled for Monday and my dr suspects PSC.

I'm so tired. At this point I would just like to know exactly what I'm dealing with. I've had elevated enzymes since 2004 with itching, fatigue, two miscarriages, high cholesterol, and major stomach problems. The stomach problems have dated back to the birth of my daughter 20 years ago. I was diagnosed at 14 with chronic fatigue and Epstein Barr. My Endocronologist recently found that I am Vitamin D deficient and have reactive hypoglycemia. I just want somewhere to start. I was so disappointed when I got my results back and was told it wasn't my birth control. How can a biopsy miss that? My biggest fear is not that they'll give me a diagnosis of PSC on Monday but that they won't find anything...again.

I have a few girlfriends that have been through horror stories with using the pill. None of them PSC though. With that being said, if you can be taken off the pill I’d say that would be best overall. Best of luck with your procedure. Keep us updated. God bless. Xx.