High B12 levels

Hi all,
I’ve just had a blood test showing high B12 vitamin levels at 1015 pmol/L (normal range 170- 800). Has anyone else experienced this? It looks like its associated with liver disease or cancer.

I also have slightly higher than normal white blood cell count, platelets and neutrophils. My liver function tests are normal but I think this is because of Urso. A recent fibroscan shows stiffness in the liver but we don’t know what that means yet. I’m waiting for a MRCP and further tests as I’m now in New Zealand and had my first diagnosis in Kenya.

Any help on the B12 question appreciated while I wait for next steps with the Dr.

Thanks,

Emma

Emma, never heard of that.

Hi, no supplements.

Hi DHZ,

Thanks DHZ! An interesting way to assess the results, and comforting. I’m going through a full re-diagnosis exercise that will take a couple of months and will post any relevant info here. This group has been super helpful and supportive.

Emma

Thanks, we will keep an eye on it. I was interested in the connection between high B12 and liver disease as I find out more about the state of my liver, and possibly other organs, in the next couple of months. I want to have as much information as possible as I go through the medical process. How do you know that stuff?