Quantcast

Transplant List & immediate family not in "circle of trust"

Hi,

My husband is on the transplant list, It’s one of our deepest regrets that his support squad/inner circle can’t include some core members of his immediate family because of a pattern of toxic behavior that actively makes it harder for us to stay positive/live a normal life.

I know there’s no right/easy answer to this but - What would/have you say about the transplant to those that just aren’t capable of being confidential/supportive yet are immediate family in the local area?

Has anyone been in a similar position? I’d love to learn about how others have approached this and how it worked out.

CER87,
Just saw your post before bedtime. Right now your top priority is your husbands care. If someone or something’s going to cause distress to your home then I wouldn’t tell them. While I’m a big believer in having your family and close friends fully knowledgeable about your condition and educated about PSC, if there’s some that are prone to volatility then I’d not include them. If they find out through someone misspeaking you’ll just have to tell them your husbands life depends on very stringent care and peaceable environment. Tell them at the proper time you’ll share more but right now he’s fragile. Maybe they will shut them up.
Good luck on the transplant. Let us know if there’s anything we can do.

Mark
PSC 2011 / Transplant 2015